Saturday 25 May 2013

Mortal Engines: In 3D



For the 3D part of my character, I was conflicted with either making my character look realistic or stylised. I decided to create a more realistic character as one of my scenes in my paintings had a semi realistic face.

I decided to make a few design changes on my character as I was in development of my character. 

The first change was the colour change of his trousers. I changed the colour because I found that it just wasn’t as appealing to look at. I played around with some other colours and I settled on blue.
The second design change was the pattern on his scarf. I felt that the scarf would have looked too bland so to add a bit more life and characteristics to my design, I added a tartan-like pattern to it.

I would have loved to have added in his crossbow and little satchel bag but unfortunately the tri limit constricted me too much and had to omit it from the 3D design.

I think that if I were to do this again I would create him in a stylised theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment